Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Winston-Salem in North Carolina is a historic city built in the 18th century. The city has huge gardens, shops and restaurants for the tourists to have a fun filled and relaxing stay. The Sc-Works science center has hands-on exhibits for kids. Ancient American art has been displayed in a 1917 mansion which particularly interests the tourists from all over the world.
Places to visit-
- Old Salem Museum and Gardens- It is an 18th century historic town that has been restored and is now a museum for display of all the artefacts.
- Tanglewood Park- This huge park has a lake and beautiful gardens for some candid photography.
- Reynolda House Museum of American Art- It is a 1917 mansion with contemporary art exhibits for the tourists.
- Kaleideum North- It is a natural park and a science center that organises various hands-on exhibits on science projects.
- Bailey Park- This city park is famous for showcasing lunchtime concerts.
- Historic Bethabara Park- The Moravian Village of 1753 is still living in the form of display in this museum.
- Paul J Ciener Botanical Garden- This botanical garden has themed plantings and is an epitome of natural beauty.
- Hanes Park- This Park has huge fields for children to play tennis and ball.
- Korner’s Folly
- Quarry Park
Places to stay-
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Winston-Salem- It is an informal hotel with spacious rooms, good quality food and free breakfast service.
- The Historic Brookstown Inn- They offer amenities like microwave and minifridge along with complimentary breakfast, wine and cookies.
- Quality Inn and Suites Hanes Mall- This is a budget hotel offering a seasonal pool and free breakfast for the guests.
- Winston-Salem Marriott- They have an exquisite American restaurant and an indoor pool facility.